Samsung Galaxy S4 does not provide direct shortcut to use 2G data network as shown in below settings, as like other mobiles. To use the 2G mobile data network on Samsung Galaxy S4 you will have to follow below steps.
- On your Samsung Galaxy S4, go to Settings and select More network.
- Under Wireless and Network settings, select Mobile networks.
- On Mobile Networks setting page click select the Network Mode setting.
- On Network mode dialog you may find below choices
- WCDMA/GSM ( auto connect ) : To choose any available 3G/2G network
- WCDMA only : Use 3G only network
- GSM only : Use 2G only network